The Lodge Cast Iron 5-inch square Skillet is wonderful for cooking individual eggs or other small dishes. Cast iron loves a campfire, a stovetop, or an oven, and can slow-cook foods without scorching. It retains heat well so you can sear meat at higher temperatures and will keep your delicious meals warm for a long time. Whether used in a kitchen or camp, theses virtually indestructible cookware should last for generations. Made of cast iron, this Skillet evenly distributes heat from the bottom through the sidewalls. Sporting a stylish black color, the cast iron Skillet looks good in most kitchens and it doubles up as an excellent source of nutritional iron. This pre-seasoned skillet is ready-to-use right out of the box. While the skillet comes pre-seasoned to prevent food from sticking, it works best when sprayed or lightly coated with vegetable oil before use. The Lodge seasoning procedure is a multiple-step process in which the seasoning oil is applied via an electrostatic spray system that coats the cookware, then its baked in commercial ovens at very high temperatures. This allows the oil to penetrate deeply into the pores of the iron. This seasoning process achieves a seasoned finish that would take many months of home use to achieve. Sometimes during this process, the seasoning oil can collect and create a bubble or slight drip at the bottom of the pan as its hanging through the production process. And that in turn can turn brown as its processed through the seasoning ovens. This brown spot is not rust but in fact, carbonized seasoning and will darken with use. The factory seasoning process makes Lodge cast iron products ready to use right out of the box, and the product over time Just keeps getting better. After cooking, clean with a stiff nylon brush and hot water. Using soap is not recommended, and harsh detergents should never be used. Towel dry immediately and apply a light coating of oil to utensil while it is still warm.
Shipping is FREE for orders $49 and over
(Shipping is $7.95/order for orders under $49)
Order by 1pm CST to receive a tracking # same-day
Orders placed after 1p or during weekends will receive a tracking # the following business day
Delivery is typically 3-5 business days after you order
What does shipping cost?
- For orders $49 and over, shipping is FREE.
- For orders under $49, Standard Flat-Rate Shipping is $7.95
How long does it take to ship/Deliver?
- Most in-stock products ordered before 1pm CST will leave the warehouse the same day (on business days). Most orders place after 1pm CST will ship the following business day. Products that do not ship same or next day will be clearly marked on the product page.
- From order date to delivery is typically 3-5 business days for standard ground shipments. In rare occasions, or during peak shipping seasons, delivery may take longer.
- For custom, special order, or oversized/LTL items, shipping time varies as they may have to be manufactured, painted, embroidered, or assembled. These items will be clearly marked on the product page.
NOTE: Over-sized items must ship LTL or Freight Carrier. These items may take longer to ship and may require inspection and a signature upon delivery.
When will I get a tracking number?
- As soon as your product or order ships, you will receive a tracking number sent to your email from email@example.com with a link to track your shipment.
What carriers does Kingdom Rec use?
- To ensure a fast and safe delivery, we typically use FedEx, USPS, & UPS Ground/Air shipping services. Available shipping methods may vary for different type of products and shipping destinations.
What areas does Kingdom Rec ship to?
- We ship to all of the contiguous United States (i.e., the "Lower 48"); we do not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, the US Virgin Islands, or internationally.